While visions of sandy beaches might be the first thing to come to mind when thinking of the Caribbean, the islands have a rich and diverse heritage that reflect Spanish and African influences that manifest in the flavorful cuisine we will be making in this class.
Experience some traditional seafood and meat preparations, as well as some unforgettable side dishes and finish it off with island style dessert.
Jerk Chicken Pops
Coconut Shrimp, Papaya Chili Sauce
Corn Griddle Cakes
Rice and Peas
Salmon and Mango and Ginger Sauce
Coconut Sweet Bread
Hot Sauce City: We’ll be making three different styles of hot sauces to take home with you.
What To Expect:
You will gain many new techniques and recipes to take back home with you to your kitchen. You will work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by Chef Lee and her chef instructors.
▪ Learn skills for a lifetime of great cooking
▪ Work side-by-side with others to prepare each dish
▪ Interact with classmates and the instructor for a rich learning experience
▪ Classes are 3 to 3 1/2 hours and each student enjoys a generous taste of every dish, plus libations instruction and tastings by Carl Anderson
▪ Held in our professional commercial-grade kitchen
▪ Sugar Beach Events will provide all the kitchen equipment and supplies.
Reservations Required, $95 a Person
at Sugar Beach Events located at 85 North Kihei Road, Kihei (808) 856-6151
Must be 21 or older to attend.
Please note: you will be working in a commercial kitchen with knives, safety is our primary concern. Please also wear close-toed shoes.
This is the FOURTH year of the Cooking With Chef Lee cooking series. This popular cooking series will offer a variety of special cooking classes, video tutorials, recipes, and opportunities to learn professional tips to implement into your day-to-day experiences in the kitchen.